Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Denelis

I met Tom and Esther a couple of summers ago while I was on a mission trip with some dear friends of mine. Tom and Esther and their three children live on a remote Island off the mainland of Nicaragua called Isla de Ometepe. It is situated perfectly between two volcanoes both of which I believe are still active. There is also a beautiful fresh water lake that will absolutely take your breath away. I have never seen a more peaceful, clean body of water. While I was there we met the local pastor and his family. They welcomed us in with open arms and we sat on their front porch for the service. At that time there was no building for a worship service so the pastor was inviting people to his home and they were ministering there. It was so much fun. The singing, clapping, the smiles on everyone's faces. There I met Denelis, she had heard I had three little girls and so she made a sweet little dress and gave it to me. I have pictures of the girls wearing it. I will have to post them later. Denelis is now in sewing school in Cost Rica. This is the first time she has ever been away from home. It is a very exciting time for her, she is really stepping out and going for her dreams. I am so proud of her. Tom and Esther are like second parents to her and through them I found out about helping Denelis. lil' women is helping Denelis with her school right now. When you buy from lil' women or donate you are helping to change lives. This is the first story but I hope not the last. lil' women will continue to help other women achieve their goals. This is my hope, this is my prayer. To learn more about the Fritz's follow this link http://www.islandbreeze.net to their website. You can make donations through http://www.cten.org by clicking on United States of America and then click on Middle America, then scroll down until you find Tom and Esther. CTEN (Commission to Every Nation) has made it so easy to help out missionaries all over the world. Make a cup of coffee and settle into your cozy or not so cozy computer chair and peruse the CTEN website, I'm sure you'll find it fun and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment